Newbie and Sqlippool

Antonio Modesto modesto at isimples.com.br
Fri Feb 3 17:25:28 CET 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 08:26 +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> 2012/2/2 Antonio Modesto <modesto at isimples.com.br>:
> > My production radius server is running freeradius 1.1.8, I installed
> > freeradius 2 in another server with another SQL database and copied the
> > configuration files from the production server to the test server and
> > changed some stuff to get it running, then I am doing these tests in this
> > server. I don't know if Freeradius 2.x are compatible with freeradius 1.1.8
> > configuration files.
>
> An advice from someone who has done similar migration: don't copy the
> config files :)
>
> While Alan said it's mostly compatible, FR2 restructured some files to
> make it more logical and easy to understand. My advice is to look at
> your old config files, and:
> - note what changes you made from the original (copying an original
> config directory from a fresh installation and do "diff -Naru" can
> help)
> - list what functionalities you need
>
> After that, implement the changes/functionality in the new config. The
> benefit is that the config is cleaner, plus you know exactly what
> changes you made, so there will be no "unknown magic" in your new
> setup.

I think that now I got to set Freeradius 2.x working with a equivalent
configuration of my Freeradius 1.1.8, I configured the update control in
the authorize section to seek the pool_name in a MySQL table based on
NAS-IP-Address (As Fajar told me) :

        update control {
                Pool-Name := "%{sql: SELECT nas_pool_name FROM naspool
WHERE nas_ip=INET_ATON('%{NAS-IP-Address}')}"
        }

I will continue my tests, but I would like your opinion about sqlippool
with MySQL Database, our average of active users is about 1000 active
users or more.

Thanks a lot.

Regards.