rlm_perl and Threaded Perl??

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 14 08:20:30 CET 2012

Simon Earthrowl wrote:
>  FR 2.1.12-1 and 2.1.12-7, but also looked at 3.0.0.
> I manage to get 2048 perl threads (assumed from /netstat -ap/ - as I'm
> interfacing into Apache's ActiveMQ), then when I hit 2049 threads FR
> crashes.

  See doc/bugs for how to deal with crashes.

  And 2K threads?  There's something wrong with your architecture if you
need that.  Your backend is VERY slow, or your load is too high, or
you've under-provisioned your machines.

  The biggest mistake is that you're talking about solutions, not
problems.  Using 2K threads is a solution.  Since you haven't specified
what the problem is, there may be OTHER solutions which work better.

  e.g. If you're doing something crazy like using 2K threads, the usual
response is "don't do that"