Freeradius with Caller-station-id

Richard J Palmer richard at merula.net
Thu Feb 16 01:15:07 CET 2012

On 15/02/2012 11:52 PM, Alan Buxey wrote:
> This can be done for plain auth...one way would be to put a check in
> the auth section, if the normal auth has failed then fail through to
> eg perl and have some perl script that checks what you want to check
> and send back the accept

Not 100% sure what you mean by plain auth ?

ADSL L2TP is chap and works OK

What I want is for the non ADSL tails (the Data SIMS) the username and
password are not any use - I want to auth on the caller ID and no
password - the auth is easy - I can set the query to return if the
username matches or the caller ID matches BUT I then need to ignore the
password, etc.

I made some changes in rlm_chap to handle this if I put a flag in the
password BUT there must be a way to do this without editing the code (IMO)