Freeradius with Caller-station-id

Richard J Palmer richard at merula.net
Thu Feb 16 02:56:24 CET 2012

I have if you are interested solved this ....

I used http://wiki.freeradius.org/Mac-Auth as a guide....

In policy.conf I have added....

  rewrite_data_sim_users  {
             if (Calling-Station-Id =~ /(894420000[0-9]{10})/i) {
                 update request {
                         User-Name := "%{Calling-Station-Id}"
                         User-Password :="SIMUSER"
           else {
                 noop

In sites-available/default I have changed:

authorize {
         preprocess

         rewrite_data_sim_users

Which means IF you get a Calling station in a particular format it
changes the username to thie calling station ID and in my case also
changes the password... I then have users setup as normal with the
username as the SIM ID and a password of SIMUSER

They may be a better way... but this seems to work :-)

Richard