Freeradius doesn't record acct-stop-time.

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Feb 17 22:49:23 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Rodrigo Yoshioka
<ro_yoshioka2002 at yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> Hi Fajar, I Couldn't solve the problem yet... but I ran the Radius in debug
> mode, and I tried to disconnect my connection to see what are happening, as
> I couldn't find, I'll post it here.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> rad_recv: Accounting-Request packet from host XXX.XX.X.XXX:37121, id=232,
> length=268

>         Acct-Status-Type = Stop

> Processing the preacct section of radiusd.conf
> modcall: entering group preacct for request 43
>   modcall[preacct]: module "preprocess" returns noop for request 43
> rlm_acct_unique: Hashing 'NAS-Port = 115296,Client-IP-Address =
> xxx.xx.x.xx,NAS-IP-Address = xxx.xx.x.xxx,Acct-Session-Id =
> "81514b64",User-Name = "email at domain.com.br"'
> rlm_acct_unique: Acct-Unique-Session-ID = "4bc00ddcf558a324".
>   modcall[preacct]: module "acct_unique" returns ok for request 43
>     rlm_realm: Looking up realm "domain.com.br" for User-Name =
> "email at domain.com.br"
>     rlm_realm: No such realm "domain.com.br"
>   modcall[preacct]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 43
>   modcall[preacct]: module "files" returns noop for request 43
> modcall: leaving group preacct (returns ok) for request 43
>   Processing the accounting section of radiusd.conf
> modcall: entering group accounting for request 43
> radius_xlat:  '/var/log/radacct/xxx.xx.x.xx/detail-20120217'
> rlm_detail: /var/log/radacct/%{Client-IP-Address}/detail-%Y%m%d expands to
> /var/log/radacct/xxx.xx.x.xx/detail-20120217
>   modcall[accounting]: module "detail" returns ok for request 43
>   modcall[accounting]: module "unix" returns fail for request 43
> modcall: leaving group accounting (returns fail) for request 43
> Finished request 43
> Going to the next request

Is that all that's in the debug log?

If yes, it's either:
- you didn't configure acct section to use sql, because there's
nothing mentioning sql from that log. It only says "detail" (which you
might or might not need, depending on your setup) and "unix" (which,
99% of the time you won't need). OR
- there's some magic (e.g. unlang, multiple virtual servers, etc) in
your FR config which skips sql on certain cases, OR
- it's a buffered-sql setup, where there should be another virtual
server that reads the detail log. Unlikely, since your detail file is
dynamic-named

I'm guessing it's the first. In any case, it should be easy to check
by simply examining acct section in sites-evailable/default (or
whatever virtual server you use). As usual, if you're STILL having
problems, ask an expert to help.

--
Fajar