FreeRadius to authenticate DHCP Requests with Option82

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Feb 22 13:53:16 CET 2012

2012/2/22 Marinko Tarlać <mangia81 at gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> Can you tell me something about performances?
>
> I'm using Mtik as NAS for PPPoE users and 500-600 online users per server is
> optimum according to my experiences (Quad core server, 2GB RAM,...).

you mean the server is used by FR?

You either:
- setup accouting interim interval to a very low value (e.g. 60 seconds), OR
- your configuration is REALLY non-optimum

If you use files backend, then it's very easy to get several auth/sec.
If you use db backend, then your main limiting factor will be
accounting, which is limited by how fast your disk IOPS is.

So for starters:
- what backend did you use for FR? mysql? postgres? others?
- what kind of disk you have, and how many? (e.g. 2 x SATA 7200 rpm
disks, in hardware raid 1)
- what is your accounting interim interval?
- did you modify the default db schema/queries (if using db backend)?

--
Fajar