FreeRadius to authenticate DHCP Requests with Option82

Marinko Tarlać mangia81 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 16:25:36 CET 2012

No No, you didn't understand me...

Mtik is installed on the server (HP ML3xx series) and the optimum is
500-600 online PPPoE users... I achieved 1100 online PPPoE users per
Mikrotik but the CPU load was always  to high and the packet loss was to
high (1-2%). The problem is visible because the Mtik creates simple
queue rule for every active connection.

RADIUS server works  perfectly with 5 NAS-es (2000-3000 online users in
the same moment)...

I just wanted to know is Mikrotik capable (according to users
experiences) to act as a DHCP server for a large networks (for example
10k modems and 10k users behind those modems).

best regards
Marinko