Freeradius multiple account records per login

Iliya Peregoudov iperegudov at cboss.ru
Tue Feb 28 07:15:09 CET 2012

It your server has multiple interfaces then there is possibility that
freeradius receive request through one interface and send response
through another interface. In such case source address in response will
differ from destination address in request. NAS will drop such response
as unsolicited and will continue to resend accounting record. Having 3
duplicates for each accounting record means that NAS perform 3 send
attempts for each accounting record.

On multihomed server it is always better to bind UDP socket to actual
address, not to wildcard address. This ensures that source address in
response will be equal to destination address in request.