Framed-IP-Address not working

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Wed Jan 4 05:50:36 CET 2012

2012/1/3 Marinko Tarlać <mangia81 at gmail.com>:
> The same thing happens with Mikrotik.
>
> If you send the pool name then assigned ip address is ignored...

... except that with openvpn radius plugin, there's no attribute to
send the pool name. It's usually either:
- misconfigured radius, which doesn't send Framed-IP-Address attribute
correctly (which is why I asked what the debug log says), or
- misconfigured openvpn radius plugin (cause it works just fine when
configured correctly), or
- misconfigured openvpn, in that it doesn't use radius plugin, but
some other method that doesn't support framed-ip-address (e.g.
pam+libpam-radius-auth)

--
Fajar