Next release of the server?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 4 15:49:03 CET 2012

  It's been 4 months since the last release of the server.  Any
objections to a new release?

  Are people using the v2.1.x branch in "git"?

  My idea would be to release this version as 2.2.0.  It's stable, and
doing 2.2.0 would probably be better than 2.1.13. :)

  I'd also like to release 3.0 in the next few months.  I know I've been
saying that for a while.  The delays have been due to some intended
design changes which haven't yet been implemented.

  As background, the RADIUS protocol encoder/decoder has changed to its
final form in 3.0.  It does more with less code, and is easier to
understand.  I don't think it will change again.

  Similarly, the state machine for handling packets has been updated in
3.0.  It's a lot better than 1.x or 2.x, but it's not quite done yet.

  The hope is that I can do some small changes for 3.0 which will
finalize the internal state machine.  That will make it easier to
separate the RADIUS, DHCP, and VMPS functionality in the server.  It
will also mean that certain new features will be easier to add. :)