Next release of the server?

Brian Julin BJulin at clarku.edu
Thu Jan 5 19:54:26 CET 2012

Alan DeKok [aland at deployingradius.com] wrote:
> Brian Julin wrote:
> > Add to this, IIRC there are some differences (regressions?) in regexp support in some ancillary files (e.g. users)
>
>  I don't recall that... it *should* be compatible.

For example, a line like this in a hints file:

DEFAULT User-Name =~ "foo"

...which works for a 2.x server will cause this:

hints_test[4]: Parse error (check) for entry DEFAULT: No regular expression found in User-Name
rlm_preprocess: Error reading hints_test

...in 3.0

I tried to track it down at the time, but I got pretty lost.  It seemed like an extra token was being
dropped into the processing, but that's a wild-ass guess.  At the time I didn't know whether the
syntax had changed for regexp in check lines, so wasn't sure whether it was a bug or not,
and I was leaning towards ditching hints in favor of unlang anyway.

> > and a minor dictionary entry glitch that need to be worked around to use 3.0 in a 2.x config tree.
>
> Which is... ?

If you run 3.0 on 2.x dictionaries you need to exclude dictionary.dhcp because something in there does this:

including dictionary file /etc/raddb/dictionary
Errors reading dictionary: dict_init: /usr/share/freeradius/dictionary.dhcp[202]: Type "tlv" can only be for "format=1,1".