Help with proxy settings please

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jan 12 23:24:53 CET 2012

Hi,

> [suffix] Looking up realm "gcu.ac.uk" for User-Name =3D "radldapuser at gcu.ac=
> .uk"
> [suffix] Found realm "GCU.AC.UK"

okay, the server has gcu.ac.uk in proxy.conf - so the realm module
knows to deal with it...

> [suffix] Preparing to proxy authentication request to realm "GCU.AC.UK"

okay

> Sending Access-Request of id 98 to 10.1.1.78 port 1812

so....you've configured the server to send such requests to 10.1.1.78

..which isnt answering

> We are trying to locate where we would reference our internal AD within eit=
> her proxy.conf and/or clients.conf. or should ntlm do this automatically...=

when you say 'reference' do you mean eg sending the request to NPS on
an AD system - or do you mean authenticating the request actually on your FR
box?  if the first, then configure proxy.conf to send your requests to the
NPS box.  if the later, configure FR to handle the request - edit mschap module
to call ntlm_auth with your required settings.

alan