eapol_test giving up and win-like error?

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 12:07:51 CET 2012

Il 19/01/2012 10:03, Phil Mayers ha scritto:

>> EAP: deinitialize previously used EAP method (25, PEAP) at EAP deinit
>> MPPE keys OK: 0  mismatch: 1
>> FAILURE
These (plus the timeout one) are the lines printed after FR have already
cloded session.

> Hmm. I see from your original email that Samba & ntlm_auth are succeeding.
Yup. I'm quite used to joining machines to AD... Already have about 100
clients and 5 servers, and this one is the one giving me troubles :(

> There are a couple of buggy version of Samba out there that return
> invalid response values, and generate these symptoms. Which version of
> Samba are you running, and on what OS?
Samba 3.5.6 (latest packaged one) on Debian Squeeze. Once it's working,
I'll have to move the config to a ZeroShell box with Samba 3.5.10.

Another problem I should fix is the fact that ZS's captive portal passes
user at realm credentials instead of realm\user ... rewriting w/ a simple
rule in hints file seems to block the rest, so I left it behind, for now.

Tks,
 Diego.