Next release of the server?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jan 24 10:05:06 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 7, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Marinko Tarlac <mangia81 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not a developer but I will try to help as much as I can.

@Marinko: If you use Ubuntu, I've just uploaded a new package to my
unofficial ppa: https://launchpad.net/~freeradius/+archive/testing-2.x

The master (3.0) branch is still missing some DHCP-related
improvements present on v2.1.x, so if you want to do some DHCP-testing
better stick with v2.1.x for now.

The ppa is currently:
- based on latest v2.1.x git commit (5fedd50), which already include
some config file improvements needed to have a working DHCP server
with dynamic and "static" IP assignment
- has some additional patches to make testing easier (e.g. comments on
how to use "static" IP assignement)
- has dhcp functionality compiled-in, so only some configuration
change is neeed to use the functionality (see comments
/etc/freeradius/sites-available/dhcp)

You can also compile yourself from v2.1.x git branch, but if you do
that you (currently) still need to modify some config files manually.

Let us know how your testing goes.

--
Fajar