Next release of the server?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Jan 24 16:00:51 CET 2012

2012/1/24 Marinko Tarlać <mangia81 at gmail.com>:
> Hi Fajar
>
> Thank you very much for your time.
>
> I'm using CentOS so I'll try with the latest 2.1.x from git

Some of the config files in my ppa might be useful for you as well.
These two files are a bit different to the one in Alan's tree, but it
might help you create an implementation example that's  suitable for
your setup:
- https://github.com/fajarnugraha/freeradius-server/blob/v2.1.x-dhcp/raddb/sites-available/dhcp
- https://github.com/fajarnugraha/freeradius-server/blob/v2.1.x-dhcp/raddb/policy.conf

> The problem which bothers me is that I need more than classic ip-mac
> pairing. Beside the IP address I need to return a few other parameters to
> cable modems/MTA.
>
> For example ISC DHCP config for regular modems is:
>
> host blaBlaBla {
>        filename "confingFile.cm";
>        fixed-address 192.168.12.167;
>        hardware ethernet 00:cc:ab:11:cc:22;
>        }
>
> As you can see, I'm returning the IP address and the name for config file.
>
> Is this possible with FreeRadius DHCP ?

Should be. The IP address assignment (whether static or dynamic) is
easy enough with a special instance of sqlipool like in the example.
If you only want static IP then you can even use only files without
db.

As for the filename, dictionary.dhcp has DHCP-Boot-Filename attribute,
though I haven't tried it. If you use the same filename for all
clients, then just do it like DHCP-Router-Address in the example (i.e.
put the attribute inside an "update reply" block). If each client has
it's own file, creating a custom table to store ip <-> filename
mapping and using sql expansion (%{sql: SELECT ....}) is the easy way
to do it.

Try it, and start a new thread to post your progress later.

--
Fajar