Juniper Questions (MX/ERX)

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jan 24 21:51:42 CET 2012

Paul Stewart wrote:
> I’m trying to get an understanding on a FreeRadius installation how to
> enable the unisphere.dictionary.  There are specific attributes in that
> file that we need such as “Unisphere-Ingress-Policy-Name”.  By default,
> this dictionary file is commented out due to “attribute conflicts”.

  Which file is that?  The server doesn't have any
"unisphere.dictionary" file, or any "dictionary.unisphere"

  Make sure you're running a recent version of the server.  It really helps.

> Can someone share a bit more info?  I need unisphere attributes and also
> erx attributes to function on the same FreeRadius system ultimately ….
> We have a mixture of Juniper ERX equipment and Juniper MX equipment that
> needs to talk to FreeRadius.

  Which attributes do you need?  List them by Vendor ID && number.

> When I try to add a “Unisphere-Ingress-Policy-Name = 512k” for example
> in the users file I get “invalid integer” error.

  There's no such "invalid integer" error in FreeRADIUS.

  Are you sure you're using FreeRADIUS?