request tracking

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jan 24 22:51:39 CET 2012

Hi,

>    “Error: Discarding duplicate request from client [IP REDACTED]:49603 - ID:
>    204 due to unfinished request 298385”
>
>    Far more often than I believe I should.  What does it mean for a request
>    to be unfinished, and how does freeRadius determine that a request is a
>    duplicate?

each packet has an ID - this is kept in a process buffer - so if a matching
packet comes in, then the server knows its already dealing with that one and
hasnt finished with it...so it marks the new as a duplicate - the cause
for this is often that the backend dealing with a packet is too slow - eg SQL insert
for an accounting packet is often the issue

alan