Changing domain for ntlm_auth

NdK ndk.clanbo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:30:01 CET 2012

Il 25/01/2012 13:32, Phil Mayers ha scritto:

>> To let (most (*)) users login with their e-mail address, I'd need to
>> "translate" the realm part to a domain.
> Why do you think this is true?
'cause ntlm_auth won't authenticate user.name at unibo.it or
user.name at PERSONALE . It returns "no such user". It authenticates
PERSONALE\user.name . Or "--username=user.name --domain=PERSONALE".

>> (*) Just 'most' users since I couldn't yet find a way to use the UPN, so
>> users whose UPN have been changed must login with their 'base' name.
>> Don't think there's an easy fix for this, since even joined win machines
>> *sometimes* refuse the changed UPN...
> I don't understand any of this. Please show a debug of it going wrong.
That's not FR-related. It's something in Win/AD, so I think there's
nothing doable from FR to "fix" it.

BYtE,
 Diego.