self-signed root CA

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 11:07:27 CET 2012

On 01/27/2012 12:29 AM, Christ Schlacta wrote:
>   I've attached android, windows 7, macosx, and ubuntu linux to an
> eap-tls network using wpa2-eap-tls, which requires client and CA certs.
> it's no issue once you know what you're doing. the hardest part is the
> nearly complete lack of documentation for any OS except linux. you're
> limited to what google provides from various blogs.

"Once you know what you're doing".

When guests arrive at your site, they don't want to spend 20 minutes
following intricate docs. Especially if their meeting is only 30 minutes.

Sure *I* can get any of those systems online in under a minute. The
concern is how fast a short-lived guest can get online. Our web-based
"staff create a guest account" portal takes only seconds. Walking the
user through cert installation takes a lot longer.