Mixed Environment Question

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon Jan 30 19:17:49 CET 2012

> So far I have tested this on a Juniper ERX and it simply ignores the Cisco attributes, which was what I’m hoping for.

It has to according to RFC 2865, if it doesn't open a support call with Juniper.

> I plan to float some Juniper attributes towards some Cisco gear at some point to see how it handles it.  Anyone have much practical experience with this?  Is it expected to always ignore additional VSA’s or is it a ‘crap shoot’ depending on the vendor?

Stick VSAs from as many different vendors as you want in the Reply. The NAS *MUST* ignore attributes that it can't process, it's one of the fundamentals of the RADIUS protocol.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !