Verifying you are Joining the Active Directory Domain

Gilmour, Scott sgilmour at enterasys.com
Tue Jan 31 21:54:40 CET 2012

Hi,
Still can't figure out why the clock is skewed since both my Ubuntu and Active Directory server are showing the same time and Date.  My Ubuntu server is an NTP Server but when I issue the command net time system I get this error  Can't contact server (null).  Error NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

It looks like it joined the domain but when I do a wbinfo -u  it gives me an error message:  Error looking up domain users.
Plus when I go to my 2008 Server and I open up Active Directory, Select my Domain and choose Domain Controllers that my FreeRadius Server isn't listed in that directory but it is listed under computers.  Is this correct?
Thanks
Scott

root at FreeRadius:/home/sqauser# net ads join -U Administrator
Enter Administrator's password:
Using short domain name -- SQA
Joined 'FREERADIUS' to realm 'SQA.net'
[2012/01/31 15:44:15,  0] libads/kerberos.c:333(ads_kinit_password)
  kerberos_kinit_password FREERADIUS$@SQA.NET failed: Clock skew too great
root at FreeRadius:/home/sqauser#
root at FreeRadius:/home/sqauser# wbinfo -u