working with vouchers

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Jul 6 00:01:08 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Andreas Meyer <anmeyer at anup.de> wrote:

> Is there a big picture somewhere available for the freeradius-server
> like it is for postfix for example? I want to understand the contiguities
> between proxiing, outer-tunnel, inner-tunnel for example.

That's a different topic than what you asked before. And if you're
only using a captive portal, you won't be using any of those anyway,
you'd be only using the default virtual server. See
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Concepts on for-dummies explanation on how
it works.

For how proxy works, see http://wiki.freeradius.org/Proxy

> If I have
> a users file and a sql-database, where does freeradius look first and

Depending on how you configure it. In other words, depends on the
order on authorize section.

> what if there is an entry in both databases but they differ in the
> password used. So many questions.

If the attribute is the same one, the one listed later should
overwrite the former. CMIIW.

--
Fajar