a router as NAS

Si St sigbj-st at operamail.com
Mon Jul 16 16:51:56 CEST 2012

Q:Buxey:
Hi,
what makes you think you can send RADIUS requests to this router and for
it
to then send those requests to your server?
A:Because the router documentation said it:
"-WPA-Enterprise

    This option works with a RADIUS Server to authenticate wireless
    clients. Wireless clients should have established the necessary
    credentials before attempting to authenticate to the Server through
    this Gateway. Furthermore, it may be necessary to configure the
    RADIUS Server to allow this Gateway to authenticate users."

I really cant help for that the docu is unprecise, has lacks etc. The
"credentials " and understand as certs, the "configure" is very sparse
if PORTS have to be taken in consideration. - But we are really getting
somewhere taking PORTS into my knowledge. But I do not how to configure
this and where. If the router has the 1812 configured I would assume
that radius would return through the same port. I will try to read
through the files in raddb to find something about it. Could
/etc/service give a clue?

--
  Si St
  sigbj-st at operamail.com