a router as NAS

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 17:23:22 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I really cant help for that the docu is unprecise, has lacks etc. The
> "credentials " and understand as certs, the "configure" is very sparse
> if PORTS have to be taken in consideration. - But we are really getting
> somewhere taking PORTS into my knowledge. But I do not how to configure
> this and where. If the router has the 1812 configured I would assume
> that radius would return through the same port. I will try to read
> through the files in raddb to find something about it. Could
> /etc/service give a clue?

its a very very special router that can receive and process and forward/proxy
RADIUS traffic. most routers are the originator of RADIUS traffic, not recipients
of it.

all you need is to add your router IP address to the RADIUS server as a client
and then start throwing tests from it. if the router has a RADIUS test function
(via command line or GUI) then use it to see the RADIUS auth requests come through..
otherwise you'll have to have real clients connecting to it...

alan