Help needed configuring MAB on FreeRADIUS and Cisco switch

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 20:56:17 CEST 2012

Hi Alan,

I really do apologize for things not working and thank you for your
patience so far!

On 07/16/2012 05:31 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Kaya Saman wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM, alan buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
>>> put this at the top of the 'users' file and restart the server
>> Poking around in the radiusd.conf file I checked the section modules
>    Follow instructions or you will be unsubscribed and banned from the list.
>
>    There is a file in the "raddb" directory named "users".

I **DID** do this....... !!

I have been using *NIX based machines long enough to understand how-to
add things to flies and **follow** instructions...... - though I maybe
junior in other ways and lack the experience of senior admins I **really
AM** trying hard!

I will post back tomorrow with a breakdown of this file since I am not
in front of the system now:

/etc/raddb/users - correct???

I entered **EXACTLY** what you suggested right at the top of the file
before even the # 'out - commented information that resides at the top
of that file.

There's no need to be so severe as the ban me!

As stated I am not trying to be difficult or ignore instructions here!!!!!

I have been using mailing lists for many years without issues such as
this. Yes I am almost working blind with no internet or network
connection on the server or switch at hand which does add a level of
difficulty.

I am even willing to do a screen record from the **only** system I have
that can connect to both that switch + server and our GUEST Wifi if it
will prove what I am saying and hence show you that I **really**  am
following instructions properly.

Outside of sincerely apologizing for the issues I am having I really
don't know what else to do or say to make you understand that I am not
ignoring things and/or doing things at will without regard for those who
**ARE** trying to help!

>> I don't see a mysql module in there.
>    Were you told to do things with mysql?  No.
>
>    The ONLY reason to ask questions on this list is to READ the answers,
> and to FOLLOW the instructions.

Which I am doing.... again sincere apologies!

>    Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Regards,