Help needed configuring MAB on FreeRADIUS and Cisco switch

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jul 19 12:02:45 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I am even considering an upgrade of IOS to version 15.0 (if my switch
> will run it) as older IOS images tend to occassionally have issues
> with certain things I have found??

havr been happily doing MAB and 802.1x on cisco switches running 12.1
and 12.2 as well as 15.

FreeRADIUS , from your logs, is doing its job - sending back an Access Accept

if you have made some other random changes then perhaps a required
attribute is being filtered out - out of the box, the config works.

this isnt a RADIUS issue as far as i can see - its a cisco issu e- so please
go to some cisco mailing lists...this list isnt a cisco support list

alan