Problem with setting up multiple authentication methods.

Cooper, Tom TCooper at fnb.co.za
Thu Jul 19 13:57:50 CEST 2012

Hi all,
I am running freeradius2.1.12, having recently upgraded from freeradius
1, where this worked perfectly.

I use LDAP authentication from my radius server for ADSL, 3g and wifi
users, each with their own realm set up. Now for support staff we have
another separate apn using a single user name without a password and no
realm. For this  I use a Perl accounting module. The whole idea is to
hit LDAP authorization/accounting first and upon not finding the user,
fall through to Perl auth/accounting because it is listed last in my
users file. This works perfectly. However, when the Perl auth-Type is
switched on, my ADSL users auth against LDAP, LDAP returns all the
relevant user info, exits with ok, but then everything is passed to
Perl, which rejects it. Why does radius not exit when LDAP is successful?

I hope you understand what I mean.

Regards,
To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer at fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.