Prompt for new password on mac 10.7 after change with 2.1.12 ?

Jonathan Paul JPaul at stfrancis.edu
Mon Jul 30 22:53:07 CEST 2012

I was under the impression the following from 2.11 was what I was looking for:

Allow EAP-MSCHAPv2 to send error message to client. This change allows some clients to prompt the user for a new password. See raddb/eap.conf, mschapv2 section, "send_error".

I enabled that but am still not getting the prompt to re-enter password.  Is additional configuration necessary ?

Thanks
Jonathan

Jonathan Paul wrote:
> We are running a freeradius 2.1.12 server for access to our wifi.  The
> server is configured to authenticate users through ldap back to our
> Novell Edirectory.  We are required to change our passwords every 6
> months.  The password change occurs, but users are not prompted for this
> new password on their mac when they try to get on the wifi the next
> time.  We were previously running 2.1.10 and built a new server this
> summer as I was under the impression this was supposed to be fixed in
> this version.  Is there a config change necessary to prompt for a new
> password when authentication fails ?

  The git "master" branch supports password changes via MS-CHAP.
Version 2.1.12 does not.

  Alan DeKok.
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html