Password Scrambled - Shared Secrets Match

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Jun 1 08:12:48 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Tim Raphael <raphael.timothy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt replies.
>
> I have checked the double checked my config files for both radius and mpd (pppoe daemon).

> client "raph-firewall" {

>        secret = 123456789

> }

> "mpd.conf"
> pppoe_standard:

>        set radius server 192.168.1.254 "123456789 1812 "

I'd suggest asking to mpd list/forum about this. It's possible (just a
guess here) that somehow from your config mpd uses "123456789 1812 "
as shared secret instead of 123456789.

In any case, using "radtest" (or any radius client of your choice that
can be used for testing) from the box running mpd will verify whether
the radius part is setup correctly or not. If radius responds
correctly, then your problem definitely lies with mpd.

--
Fajar