Proxy-State in a CoA proxied request

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 1 12:38:24 CEST 2012

Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Huh?  The following works for us:

  Hmm... OK.  I learn something every day. :)

> Well, that is on my todo-list for some rainy day.  But I must admit that
> it's easier to work around the problem than trying to break through the
> support barrier...

  Yeah.  The benefit I have is ~15 years doing RADIUS.  I end up knowing
everyone from everywhere.

> The thing is, you cannot exactly claim a bug like that is affecting your
> network in any way, so it's not going to get a high priority.  Ever.
> And I don't think the vendors are afraid of being named as RFC violators
> either.

  They don't care publicly.  But privately, it's a bit different.

> So the only way I think you're going to get this fixed is if you happen
> to run into a developer and mention it during the conversation.

  Or run into their boss, and get it prioritized.

  I've pinged my contacts.  We'll see what happens.