Problem with FreeRadius and D-Link switch

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Jun 2 08:12:40 CEST 2012

Jarosław Kłopotek wrote:
>>> [pap] WARNING! No "known good" password found for the user.
>>> Authentication may fail because of this.
>>    That message should be clear.  What part of it is hard to understand?
> Not clear for me, because I was obviously sure that given password was
> right.

  It doesn't say "given" password.

  You didn't understand the message.  You need to supply the GOOD
password for the users.  That is compared to the password entered by the
user.  If you DON'T supply a "known good" password, how can the server
know the user's password is correct?  Magic?

>>    No, it's not.  It's from the "users" file.  There is no magic "radius"
>> setting.
> My bad that You didn't understand.

  Try thinking for once.  You, with no RADIUS background.  Me, with 15
years, writing FreeRADIUS, and author of multiple RADIUS standards.
Which one doesn't understand?

  Follow instructions on this list, or you will be unsubscribed and banned.

> But when You are eating a salad in cheeseburger. You are saying that you
> aren't eating cheeseburger?
> If I change salad to onion, will be the cheesburger the same?
> For me File called user is somekind of user database, freeradius is
> using it, so in very shortcut it is radius setting
> :-)

  Nonsense.  That ridiculous idea is exactly why you haven't already
solved the problem.

>>    You didn't follow the existing examples, documentation, or FAQ.
>
> It is not true.

  You can believe the author of the program, or you can believe someone
(you) who has no experience with RADIUS.