accounting in syslog

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Jun 5 17:43:42 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 10:02:01AM -0400, Luo, Frank Y.F. Mr. wrote:
> Also about the username, you are right on the Mac address - I
> misread it - but I do see unreadable accounting log like this
> one in the packet. Is this something fixable at NAS?

Nothing looks wrong with the packet below. Again, just the MAC
address as the username.

You seem to be using a Cisco wireless controller - it will send
the same User-Name in the accounting packet as it received in the
Access-Accept packet, so check what you're sending back there.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>