another shared secret problem

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jun 8 11:00:26 CEST 2012

Morris, Andi wrote:
> It pains me to send this to the list as I know I’m going to get shot
> The problem is that the FR server is reporting a shared secret mismatch
> when requests come from the new servers:

  The issue is:

a) the shared secret is wrong

b) one end (not FreeRADIUS) is creating a bad Message-Authenticator

  The answer is almost always (a).  Usually because you're editing one
file, and the server is reading another.

  There really is no magic here.  If the server says the secret is
wrong, it's because the secret is wrong.  Find out *which* secret you
need to edit, and fix it.