AW: Problem with CHAP Authentification

irosAurus irosaurus at gmx.net
Mon Jun 11 16:39:59 CEST 2012

Hello Alan,

Alan wrote:
>  Please subscribe to the list.  You're posting from nabble.  I'm inclined
to ban nabble for a number of reasons.
>  Either (a) you didn't include the error messages, or (b) nabble stripped
them.
>  Please subscribe to the list

thanks for your fast reply! I am already subscribed. Saw that the code was
missing (must be nabble) so I sent another mail to the list with the
complete debuglog.

>  It's trivial to get CHAP working.  Set a password as per examples in the
FAQ.  CHAP will work.
>  If CHAP doesn't work, then (a) you broke CHAP by editing the
configuration files, or (b) the password in your DB is incompatible with
CHAP.
>  In case of (a), use the default configuration.  In case of (b), change
passwords to clear-text, or don't use CHAP.

First I tried without an SQL-DB and added an user to the users file. That
didn't work, so I just uncommented the user "steve" in the users file with
the Cleartype-Password. That did not work either. It works local through
radtest, but not for the interaction with the hotspot. So I added the
database, and put in a new user called "user" and password "123". I can,
again, do a local radtest, but it does not work with the hotspot
authentication.

Is there any way to disable CHAP and give it a try with another auth method?
I am not sure where to change this and I am a bit confused about the
different conf files and the sites-enabled/default file.

Cheers iro