AW: Problem with CHAP Authentification

irosAurus irosaurus at gmx.net
Mon Jun 11 18:07:10 CEST 2012

Hey all,

> NAS config - if its sending CHAP then theres nothing you can do at the
RADIUS end to 'fix it up' - look at your hotspot config to see what you can
change/adjust a that end (and check your shared secret...as its CHAP there
isnt a nice User-Password to give you a hint of incorrect setting...)
> alan

Thanks again for all your replys! I have never seen a mailing-list that had
so many answers in such a short time :)

So the good news first, it works with CHAP, local and remote! It was
neither freeradius nor the AP^^ it was the chillispot cgi-script which is
responsible for the client login page. I thought that the cgi-bin folder
under /var/www/cgi-bin was used. Instead apache2 uses the /usr/lib/cgi-bin
folder for cgi scripts.

In the end it was the UAM-Secret in the hotspotlogin.cgi, which was not
changed. I edited the wrong file the whole time :/

Maybe some reads this in the Nabble forum and finds this information helpful
- took me 4 days to figure that little issue ;)

Cheers!
iro