Split authorization / authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 13 15:14:46 CEST 2012

Emmanuel BILLOT wrote:
> Is it possible to split authorization step as follow :
>
> - Considering we want to authorize user using EAP and MAC adresses
> - http://wiki.freeradius.org/Mac-Auth works fine, but is it possible to
> do EAP with one radius server and MAC address auth with another one ?

  Yes, but it's generally a bad idea.  It adds complexity with no real
purpose.

  FreeRADIUS can be configured to do whatever you want.  It's best to
keep everything in one server.

  Look at the debug output to see *how* those packets are different.
Then, write down how you want them to be handled.  Then, write the
"unlang" to do it.