Configure FreeRadius to send CoA-ACK

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jun 18 16:27:24 CEST 2012

Gennaro Leo wrote:
> This is the output debug, honestly I can't understand why CoA-NAK is sent.
..
> server coa {
> No such virtual server "coa"
> No such virtual server "coa"
> } # server coa
> Sending CoA-NAK of id 0 to 10.42.154.231 port 35046
> Finished request 1.

  It would help if there was a "coa" virtual server distributed with
FreeRADIUS.  Now, where would that be?

  You got far enough to set "listen type = coa".  So... you read
radiusd.conf.  The comments describing how to set "listen type = coa"
*also* point you to an example virtual server.

  And no, I won't tell you here.  That's out of general principles.  You
should be reading the configuration sections you're editing.