Reg: Accept the user without Mysql check.

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Jun 22 14:19:41 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Malla reddy Sama
<mallareddy.sama at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Fajar,
>
> Thank you very for the help.
>
> I have some doubts can you clarify please .... :)
>
> In the Clients.conf I assign the clients as below:
>
> client 193.168.1.0/24 { //ip of server
>         secret=secret
>          }
>
> 1. It is possible with above IP and Password the clients get the
> authentication accept with radius server ..? what this IP and Password make
> (server allocate IP address for the client on the above range)..?

I suggest you stop right there. Read more documentation (including the
wiki), and do some experiments first to understand the basic concepts.

Hint: "client" there is not "user PC connected to the access point".
Rather, it's THE access point (a.k.a. NAS)

Now your question can mean several different things:
(1) how can I make users connected to that NAS get accepted regardles
of password.
The answer, read documentation for "unlang", and set auth-type for a
special condition (e.g. NAS-IP-address)

(2) how can I make users get accepted regardles of password ONLY IF
the users was already assigned IP address x.x.x.x by the NAS (e.g.
chillispot)
The answer, I don't think you can. And even if you could, I wouldn't
recommend it. But if you insist anyway, check out what attributes the
NAS sends, and set attributes as needed with unlang. If the NAS sends
users's IP address as part of request attribute, then it can be done.
If the NAS doesn't send it, then it can't be done.

(3) how can I make users get accepted regardles of password, and have
radius assign dynamic IP in the range of x.x.x.x
Probably use something like rlm_sqlippool in addition to setting Auth-Type.

Which one do you want?

If you didn't understand what I wrote on those three points, then
again, spend some time to read more documentation (including the
wiki), and do some experiments first to understand the basic concepts

--
Fajar