Reg: Accept the user without Mysql check.

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Jun 22 16:56:14 CEST 2012

Please keep cc to the list.

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Malla reddy Sama
<mallareddy.sama at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Fajar,
>
> I am facing a problem like below. please help where I am doing mistake.
>
> Ignoring request to authentication address * port 1812 from unknown client
> 172.20.68.97 port 59268

Let's find out what's wrong from the debug log.

> ******************** Clients.conf *************
>

> client 172.20.68.0/24 { //ip of server
>         secret=secret
>         }

at a glance that looks correct ...

> radiusd: #### Loading Clients ####
>  client localhost {
>         ipaddr = 127.0.0.1
>         require_message_authenticator = no
>         secret = "secret"
>         nastype = "other"
>  }
>  client 170.20.68.0/24 {
>         require_message_authenticator = no
>         secret = "secret"
>  }

... but that's not what the debug log says. Notice the difference, 170
instead of 172?

Did you edit the debug log? Or perhaps you edited the wrong copy of
configuration files?

Either way, you can see which files the server parses by looking at
the debug log. You can also see what the server thinks the
configuration values are, which might different from what you think
they should be.

Notice how easy that was to debug problems when you provide the
complete debug log?

And PS, if you have a different problem, better start a new thread
with a new subject. It will be easier for others to follow. Also
please always cc the list, so others with the same problem can benefit
as well.

--
Fajar