Reg: Different databases with single freeradius

Malla reddy Sama mallareddy.sama at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 14:43:09 CEST 2012

>  Yes.  Look at the contents of the packets... write regular expressions
>  to split the ranges.
 > FreeRADIUS can do just about anything.

I not get your point Alan. What you means by range..? could you explain ..?

The db1 and db2 are in different location and operated by different people (include accounting and user data). db1 data doesn't have access to db2 person and vice versa. This databases are connected to single radius server. Any poosiblity of this sloution.?

Fajar,

You need to realize the consequences though. For example:
- where will you store accounting? is it on db1 or db2? or both?
- both database might have different information for the same user
(e.g. different password), thus making the result unpredictable

db1 and db2 have to stored accounting because db1 and db2 are in different location and db1 db2 are operated by different persons.
Different users in db1 and bd2.

I not understanding how it is possible with radius becuase when authentication request from NAS, which db the radius server contact to get the user information..? Any possibility the radius server send request to two db at same, If so how..?

Thank you very much Alan and Fajar for your time .. :)

Regards,
Malla Reddy.