FreeRADIUS SQl Ippool problem -

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Jun 29 21:24:16 CEST 2012

On 06/29/2012 02:54 PM, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Taz Manian wrote:
>> but one silly
>> mistake caused me to try so many different things that i got myself
>> mixed up with it all.
>
>    THAT is really the problem.  Trying "many different things" is always
> a disaster.  Follow the instructions *exactly*.  Step by step.
>
>    Trying "many things" means you don't understand the problem.  You're
> just randomly editing files "until it works".  Well, it won't.

And do yourself a favor and put your configuration files under source
control, make only minor incremental changes, if works commit it to the
source repository. That way if things don't work it's trivial 2 second
process to reset everything back to a known working state. You also will
have a history of everything you changed and why as well as the ability
to go back to any configuration at any point in time.

If you don't know how to use source control, stop and learn it.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?
www.redhat.com/carveoutcosts/