LDAP (POSIX attibutes) password expiry

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sat Mar 3 09:44:14 CET 2012

up at 3.am wrote:
> I didn't ignore any response.  I have no reason to worry about whether Expiration
> will work in "users" because A) I'm not using users, I'm using LDAP and B) expiry
> worked fine using rlm_pam and /etc/shadow.

  Once again, you completely misunderstand my point.  This is rude.

  You asked *explicitly* about the Expiration attribute.  FreeRADIUS
implements expiration via the expiration attribute.  I gave you
instructions for testing it.

  Your response was to assume I'm an idiot, and to ignore my attempt to
help you.  You assumed I had no idea what you're talking about.  You
assumed I was confused about how FreeRADIUS works.

> Alan:  I have been using your software for many years, and received a lot of help
> from you and other members of this list and know you have little patience for
> requests for help that don't include adequate debug output and inclusion of
> relevant configuration information.

  No.  I have little patience for people who ask for help, and then tell
me I'm wrong.  If you're so smart, why are you asking questions here?

  Your behavior is rude.  When I point this out, you get offended.

> Not that I could find, hence my post here.  It looks like more clueful people than
> I have some potential workarounds, so from that standpoint, it may have paid off.

  Maybe they successfully read your mind.  I know I can't.

  I answered the question you asked.  Your response was to tell me my
help was bullsh*t.

  That behavior is antisocial.  Antisocial people get banned from this list.