LDAP (POSIX attibutes) password expiry

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Sun Mar 4 19:51:59 CET 2012

> up at 3.am wrote:
>> I didn't ignore any response.  I have no reason to worry about whether
>> Expiration
>> will work in "users" because A) I'm not using users, I'm using LDAP and B)
>> expiry
>> worked fine using rlm_pam and /etc/shadow.
>
>   Once again, you completely misunderstand my point.  This is rude.

I am sorry, I did not mean to be rude.  You're right, I misunderstood your point.

>   You asked *explicitly* about the Expiration attribute.  FreeRADIUS
> implements expiration via the expiration attribute.  I gave you
> instructions for testing it.
>
>   Your response was to assume I'm an idiot, and to ignore my attempt to
> help you.  You assumed I had no idea what you're talking about.  You
> assumed I was confused about how FreeRADIUS works.

Not at all.  I know that you know better than anyone how FreeRADIUS works.  I
thought you were understandably unclear about what I was asking, because I
obviously wasn't asking it well.

>> Alan:  I have been using your software for many years, and received a lot of
>> help
>> from you and other members of this list and know you have little patience for
>> requests for help that don't include adequate debug output and inclusion of
>> relevant configuration information.
>
>   No.  I have little patience for people who ask for help, and then tell
> me I'm wrong.  If you're so smart, why are you asking questions here?
>
>   Your behavior is rude.  When I point this out, you get offended.

I wasn't offended, I was apologetic and tried to offer an explanation for my
current cognitive difficulties (perhaps you missed that part, because it was
removed in your reply).  I am a little taken aback by how much I have apparently
offended you.

>> Not that I could find, hence my post here.  It looks like more clueful people
>> than
>> I have some potential workarounds, so from that standpoint, it may have paid
>> off.
>
>   Maybe they successfully read your mind.  I know I can't.
>
>   I answered the question you asked.  Your response was to tell me my
> help was bullsh*t.

I never said that, come on.  Again, this is all due to my asking the wrong
question or asking it in the wrong way.  I can see why this upset you.  You took
the time to actually read my poorly put question and read debug output which
really had no relevance, since nothing is really broken. At least that's how I see
it.  Again, I am sorry.

>   That behavior is antisocial.  Antisocial people get banned from this list.

Well, I hope you don't ban me.  I don't think that's happened to me in 20 years.
I am sorry that I came off as antisocial.  It was not my intention.