How do I stop reading of detail file after a certain threshold is reached

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Mar 5 07:08:15 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Vivek Mehrotra <vmehro at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As the number of queries increases to a few ten-thousands, mysqld monopolizes the CPU.
> We wish to stop querying MySQL at that point.
> There's only so much "load_factor" can help?
> Would welcome alternate solutions as well..

You should hire a dba. Seriously.

IF you use buffered sql (note the big IF), then the load from the acct
queries should not be a factor. Authorization is. Probably because
you're using simultaneous-use check, and your radacct is huge. A dba
should be able to help you give the most performance from your db
(e.g. by tuning indices, moving old entries out from radacct, etc)

I'm not sure about load limit, but you should be able to limit the
number of sql threads in sql.conf. Last time I tested, if an
access-request packet comes when all sql threads are busy, it will be
rejected (which looks like what you want).

--
Fajar