How do I stop reading of detail file after a certain threshold is reached

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 10:14:21 CET 2012

Hi,

> We are using Freeradius2 with MySQL at the backend.
> I understand that the buffered sql takes care of buffering queries. What is the best way to stop querying MySQL altogether and return a negative response, after a certain threshold of processing is reached by the server?

buffered_sql takes a detail file and dumps the contents into SQL - theres no querying
involved....its just a single thread that runs when the main radiusd processes are
quiet(er) - there are some variables in the buffered_sql that allow you to change
its load variance and how often it polls the detail file.

i think your problem is elsewhere

alan