Double-check the shared secret on the server and the NAS!

Javier Ruiz Escalante fruiz002 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:40:50 CET 2012

Hello,

The secret is set in clients.conf, where has to be se also?

Regards

Javier Ruiz Escalante

Teléfono: 00 34 512 700 524

Skype: fruiz002

From: a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Subject: Re: Double-check the shared secret on the server and the NAS!
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:10:37 +0100
To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org

On 5 Mar 2012, at 15:53, Javier Ruiz Escalante wrote:
Sorry,

I have no idea which files to check despite the message is clear.

raddb/clients.conf and the configuration of your NAS. RADIUS uses pre-shared secret to encrypt parts of the packet and for authenticator hashes.
The pre-shared secret is not the same in the clients.conf entry associated with your NAS and the RADIUS server configuration on your NAS, it needs to be, go make it the same :)
-Arran

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Javier Ruiz Escalante
Teléfono: 00 34 512 700 524

Skype: fruiz002

> Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 14:34:21 +0000
> From: p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
> To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org
> Subject: Re: Authentification
>
> On 05/03/12 13:55, Javier Ruiz Escalante wrote:
> > Good afternoon,
> >
> > I'm new in Radius and I have no clue what happens, can anybody help me?
> > from the server in the command line works fine, from the wireless client
> > get this one.
> >

> > Mon Mar 5 12:36:33 2012 : Debug: WARNING: Unprintable characters in the
> > password. Double-check the shared secret on the server and the NAS!
>
> This message should be clear, no?
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at networkradius.com

Technical consultant and solutions architect

15 Ave. du Granier, Meylan, France
+33 4 69 66 54 50

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html