Authentification

Javier Ruiz Escalante fruiz002 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:41:43 CET 2012

But where is the shared secret? I have written the same secret everywhere...

Javier Ruiz Escalante

Teléfono: 00 34 512 700 524

Skype: fruiz002

From: a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Subject: Re: Authentification
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 16:20:43 +0100
To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org

On 5 Mar 2012, at 16:03, Javier Ruiz Escalante wrote:Thank you very much, but the password is ""testsecret", I don't know why it shows this strange password, I don't know if it is related to the port 443, as in the server console is working perfectly with the password "testsecret"

Because the RADIUS server cannot correctly decrypt the password that was encrypted with the shared secret, its showing the garbled incorrectly decrypted version.
-Arran

Thanks!!

Regards

Javier Ruiz Escalante
Teléfono: 00 34 512 700 524

Skype: fruiz002

> Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 06:46:01 -0800
> From: whopeman at vocollect.com
> To: freeradius-users at lists.freeradius.org
> Subject: Re: Authentification
>
> Hi,
> NOTE the section here:
>
> > User-Name = "mysqltest"
> > User-Password = "O%:snv\nB\334Ξ\300H\035\235e"
>
> And here
>
> > Mon Mar 5 12:36:33 2012 : Info: [pap] login attempt with password "O%:snv
> > B��?�H??e"
> > Mon Mar 5 12:36:33 2012 : Info: [pap] Using clear text password
> > "testsecret"
> > Mon Mar 5 12:36:33 2012 : Info: [pap] Passwords don't match
>
> The password that the client is sending and the one listed in the DB are
> different. You will need to fix the client password or update the DB.
>
> --Ward
>

> --

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at networkradius.com

Technical consultant and solutions architect

15 Ave. du Granier, Meylan, France
+33 4 69 66 54 50

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html