FreeRADIUS 1.1.2 -> 2.1.12 migration steps

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Mar 5 18:26:15 CET 2012

Hi,

> At my new working place I have inherited a FR 1.1.3 running on CentOS 5.6.
> Beyond being outdated and unsupported, this FR setup is causing a lot of problems so I plan a migration to RHEL5 and FR 2.1.12.
> I've been searching but I cannot find a procedure describing which steps to follow in order to migrate from one server/version to another.
>
> Can someone please shed some light or point me in the right direction?

save your configuration and read through to see the bits you have used.
(maybe compare it to the 1.1.3 default configuration to see which bits got modified)

take the provided default 2.1.12 configuration and then edit it for your needs...ADDING
the things you need. once you have a working authenticating server then start to remove
the modules/functions you dont need. dont try going from 0 lines of config TO a working
server, it will never work.

alan