TCP transport

Wenjuan Lin wenjuan.lin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:39:07 CET 2012

Hello,

I just had a freeradius server (2.1.12, prebuilt for
x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) setup for development testing purpose.
However I couldn’t configure this server for TCP connection. By the
email thread dated back 09/2009, freeradius should have TCP
transportatation support. Can you please shed some light:

1.	Does the version I installed have this feature? If yes, how can I enable it?
2.	If not, what versions have this feature and what are the configuration steps?

Thanks a lot,
Victoria

>From  Alan DeKok. 09/2009

I've just committed patches that enable TCP transport in the server.
It was previously off by default.

  The code is a lot cleaner than the previous attempt, and (not
surprisingly), smaller and easier to understand.

  It should provide all of the functionality of 2.1.7, plus TCP
transport for high load systems.  If anyone has spare cycles to check
the usual edge cases, that would help a lot.