sql expiration do not checked

Paolo Barbato paolo.barbato at igi.cnr.it
Tue Mar 6 16:35:28 CET 2012

Oddly problem.

freeradius 2.1.12 up and running

authentication ntlm & sql

no problem to authenticate users (ntlm on AD and local on mysql ), both from radtest and from NAS work fine

I start to work with sql with the idea to set up some "local" users with a well defined expiration date.

I imposed an expiration date  in radcheck table, but it seems that freeradius doesn't care….of course it's my fault

from radius -X I see sql user succefully authenticated but no message related with "expiration"

I suppose to have insert all sql directives in proper place…is anything special to be done to tell free radius to check "expiration" attribute ?

here dump from mysql…both paolo and pluto work

mysql> SELECT * FROM `radcheck` LIMIT 0,1000;
+----+----------+--------------------+----+-------------+
| id | username | attribute          | op | value       |
+----+----------+--------------------+----+-------------+
|  9 | paolo    | Expiration         | := | 04 Mar 2012 |
| 10 | pippo    | Cleartext-Password | := | BvKHknVN    |
|  8 | paolo    | Cleartext-Password | := | paolo       |
| 11 | pippo    | Expiration         | := | 07 Mar 2012 |
+----+----------+--------------------+----+-------------+
4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Any hints ?

Regards,
Paolo.

Paolo Barbato

Consorzio RFX
corso Stati Uniti,4
35127 Padova - Italy
Network Administrator
phone: +39 049 8295097 fax: +39 049 8700718